North Light Books
- Along the way, filled with the images, you will hone your own unique style of artful storytelling, colors and symbols that resonate most powerfully with you. Twenty-four inventive, step-by-step prompts help you to:Set the scene for making art--from establishing rituals that unlock creativity to curating a personal storyboard.
Draw inspiration from photos, childhood memories, typography, sketches, quotes and more. Shape your story with timelines, gathered-word poetry and simple approaches to portraits. Express yourself through an exciting range of mixed-media techniques, printmaking with linocuts, using everything from pen and ink, markers and watercolor to image transfers, acrylic and collage.The Painted Art Journal: 24 Projects for Creating Your Visual Narrative
- A book unlike any other, the painted Art Journal is all about digging deeper, honoring your life, and coming away with a truer understanding of yourself and your art. Each of our stories is so different, lovely and broken in its own way. Jeanne Oliver. Tell your story as only you can, through a series of guided projects that culminate in a beautiful, autobiographical art journal worthy of passing along to future generations.
Take a mixed-media journey to the very heart of your creativity!The Painted Art Journal opens doors to your most personal and authentic art yet.
More information about North Light Books
Paint, Play, Explore: Expressive Mark-Making Techniques in Mixed MediaNorth Light Books
- Tools in hand, your marks will find you and you will begin to recognize yourself in your creations. You're going to need a bigger creative toolbox. 60+ mark-making tools and mediums23 stepped-out demonstrations on collage, one-brush painting, resists, monoprinting, transfers and other fun and versatile mark-making techniques4 start-to-finish projects for turning marks into inventive art .
You'll become a tinkerer as you recycle and repurpose, striving to turn something ordinary into something extraordinary. With an adventurous, a sewing machine or a cardboard tube as she is a brush, anything-goes attitude to expressing herself, she is just as likely to use a celery stem, a palette knife or her own hands.Paint, Play, Explore: Expressive Mark-Making Techniques in Mixed Media
- Discover the marks for your most authentic art! Mixed-media artist Rae Missigman identifies herself as a "mark-maker. Ever in the forefront of her art, organic shapes and graphic marks are what give her work a sense of authenticity. Whether you're just starting your creative adventure or you're looking to break through to the next level, Paint, Play, Explore will set you in motion.
Setting the tone with her upbeat vibe and joyful use of color, Missigman pushes you to find your own beautiful artistic "fingerprint" to create work that is interesting, full of life and distinctly yours. And above all, to embrace the journey.
More information about North Light Books Similar products
Geninne's Art: Birds in Watercolor, Collage, and Ink: A field guide to art techniques and observing in the wildQuarry Books
- Readers will discover, step-by-step, how Geninne selects her materials and then creates her personal imagery. What makes geninne's work so successful is her imaginative and colorful interpretation of the birds she has observed so closely. Santa fe nature artist geninne D Zlatkis is well-known on Instagram and Pinterest for her charming paintings and collages of birds.
. Then takes her observations back to the studio, where she turns them into works on paper. A skilled nature photographer as well as artist, Geninne begins her work in the field by observing and photographing birds and flowering plants. In geninne's art: birds in watercolor, for the first time, Collage, and Ink, she offers her fans a field guide to her art process.Geninne's Art: Birds in Watercolor, Collage, and Ink: A field guide to art techniques and observing in the wild
- To get them started, the book will include a selection of collage papers that can be removed from the book. Her work is approachable, and her fans will love to see how she does it, so that they can try it too. Geninne brings a wide and ready audience with her to this project. Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink.
More information about Quarry Books Similar products
Awakening Your Creative Soul: A 52-Week Journey to Artistic DiscoveryNorth Light Books
- You never know what will open the door. Whether you are a seasoned artist or a complete beginner, creating from a place of profound connection will change your art, and maybe even your life. Audio prompts, interviews from leading artists, written guides and live Q&A will keep you aligned with Spirit. Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink.
Following the flow of the seasons, the exercises are designed to take you from the spring of your intuition, fall of self-discovery to arrive at the end of your creative cycle refreshed, through the summer of personal growth, revived and renewed. This book is for curious souls wanting to find the right spark to jump-start their creativity.
Shorter videos will help you develop painting techniques based on your unique journey. Open the door to your creative awakening! "Do everything with great love, dancing, whether it is painting, writing, relationships or learning. Sandra duran wilson sharing your passion is the greatest gift you can give, and the journey to your creative awakening starts with a single step--or a single exercise. Awakening Your Creative Soul: A 52-Week Journey to Artistic Discovery
- . Find your voice and vision:52 fun and beautiful projects offer a new chance at self-discovery every week for one year--they are not necessarily sequential and can be completed at any time on your journeyWeekly prompts merge art making with universal life challenges to help you open your mind and explore different spiritual and creative philosophiesRefill your well, become the light, expand yourself and your story.
Creative soul coursesbeginning March 1 2019. The online lessons of The Seasons will take you deeper into your creative process.
More information about North Light Books Similar products
The Artist's Journey: Bold Strokes To Spark CreativityThe Artist's Journey Press
- Painting is a mirror. Just when you think hope has left the building, someone like Nancy Hillis comes along and revives our purpose and place in the universe. The artist's journey is a game changer, a mind bender and true epiphany of purpose for every artist living in the challenges of the 21st century. Janis kirstein, award winning artist & writerFrom artist, psychiatrist and founder of The Artist's Journey courses in creativity: the path to the art and life you've dreamed of.
It brings up everything, especially fear and yearning. Slay self doubt and say YES to your artist's journey. You want to express YOU in your art. Have you always dreamed of being an artist? why put off following your dreams? Are you ready to set out on a journey of self-discovery? To develop strength, clarity, and skill as an artist? The time to create your art is NOW. The Artist's Journey: Bold Strokes To Spark Creativity
- You want to experiment, take risks and explore your deepest self expression. Creativity is central to feeling alive. Invest in YOU. Grab the book and devour it as if your creative life depends upon it. Is an inspirational exhortation with psychological and philosophical underpinnings, to move you closer and closer to your deepest self expression in your art and life.
More information about The Artist's Journey Press Similar products
Draw Your Day: An Inspiring Guide to Keeping a Sketch JournalWatson-Guptill
- In draw your day, baker guides you through her inspirational practice and provides guidance for starting your own. Part instructional guide and part encouraging manifesto about how making art--even art that's not museum-worthy--can make your life more mindful and meaningful, Draw Your Day is ideal for both seasoned artists looking for fresh inspiration, as well as aspiring artists who need a friendly nudge to get started.
. An instructive guide to creating an illustrated journal based on artist and Instagram sensation Samantha Dion Baker's unique creative process, prompts, creative inspiration and instruction, featuring information on materials, and helpful tips and tricks. Samantha dion baker is a widely admired and followed artist on Instagram, drawn in a fresh, " an illustrated daily record of her life, where she shares her "sketch journal, modern style.Draw Your Day: An Inspiring Guide to Keeping a Sketch Journal
- Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink.
More information about Watson-Guptill Similar products
Painting Imaginary Flowers: Beautiful Blooms and Abstract Patterns in Mixed MediaNorth Light Books
- Never again will you be stuck for ideas or dependent on a photo. Discover a fresh, fun approach to painting unique flowers! Forgo reference photos and discover a more organic and joyful way of painting! With its friendly step-by-step format, Painting Imaginary Flowers features a simple, three-stage approach to creating flowers only you can make.
. Drop in color ink, watercolor or fluid acrylics to create abstract backgrounds full of beautiful textures and "blooms. Just like spotting shapes in the clouds, search for shapes in your background that suggest blossoms and leaves. Paint around them and watch the flowers emerge!Add patterns in pen to create a lovely, faux collage effect. Painting Imaginary Flowers: Beautiful Blooms and Abstract Patterns in Mixed Media
- With plenty of mixed-media techniques throughout for building up luscious texture and color, even beginners can achieve happy results. Every flower you paint will be unique, Collage, personal, and fresh from your imagination! Let your imagination blossom! Birds in watercolor, and Ink. Ten demonstrations show the versatility of this approach--from large-format pieces, to work in a series, and even Zen doodle landscapes.
More information about North Light Books Similar products
Sketchbook Explorations: For Mixed-Media and Textile ArtistsBatsford
- Sketchbook explorations is the ideal companion for both beginners and more experienced artists in search of exciting techniques. She explores the importance and joy of creating a sketchbook; ways to record and investigate inspirational ideas; mixed-media techniques, including layering and three-dimensional sketching; going on location; and using electronic devices to develop projects.
. Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink. Embroiderers and textile artists can make the most of their sketchbooks with this practical and inspirational guide to mixed media. Working with a combination of paper, and paint, found objects, pencil, fabric, Shelley Rhodes demonstrates how a sketchbook can act as an illustrated diary for textile artists, ink, and as a starting point for expanding their creative process.
More information about Batsford Similar products
Fabulous Figures I Heart DrawingGet Creative 6 1942021321
- . Her clever core technique involves using equal-size hearts to build the body’s structure. Mixed media Resources-Fabulous Figures. And jane’s results have been astounding: her students go from “I can’t draw a stick figure” to producing gorgeous, well-proportioned illustrations. Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink.
Start with a heart shape. Over years working as a fashion illustrator, Jane Davenport devised her own method of creating in-proportion figures. After laying out the basics, face, life drawing, hair, fantasy, and features; and constructing figures inspired by fashion, her imaginative guide walks you through working with different mediums; drawing the head, clothing, and more.Fabulous Figures I Heart Drawing
- For aspiring artists, drawing people can be intimidating—but it doesn’t have to be. And end with a beautiful finished piece of art!You’ll love Jane Davenport’s fabulous, fun, and amazingly easy technique for drawing figures.
More information about Get Creative 6 1942021321Similar products
Bound: 15 beautiful bookbinding projectsKyle Books
- After explaining the tools and materials needed, Rachel takes you through each project with step-by-step instructions. Different techniques for cutting and folding are demonstrated, and, you will then begin to bind your own books with stitches such as ladder, once you are happy with the various techniques, dash and chain.
. Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink. Mixed media Resources-Fabulous Figures. In this accessible collection of creative projects, Rachel Hazell shares exciting paper crafting techniques to develop your bookbinding skills. Projects include the slit book, which can then be developed further to create unique and personal handmade notebooks, A Concertina with Pockets and The Three-Hole Pamphlet Stitch, books and keepsakes that are not only fun and satisfying to make, but also make wonderful gifts.Bound: 15 beautiful bookbinding projects
- So whether you have already tried your hand at bookbinding or are a complete beginner, Rachel's knowledge and passion will inspire you to explore the many possibilities of bookart.
More information about Kyle Books Similar products
Art Journal Courage: Fearless Mixed Media Techniques for Journaling BravelyNorth Light Books NLB-59508
- Made in china. More than twenty techniques give readers inspiration to create fearlessly. Gather your art journal supplies:journalpenspaintCourage!Discover the techniques and courage you need to journal bravely! With Dina's help, you'll begin by working through any fears you have of using your own handwriting.
Mixed media Resources-Fabulous Figures. You'll get journaling prompts and techniques to help you develop a handwriting style you'll love and words you'll want to write! Then, you'll move onto drawing: you'll learn not only how to train your hand, but also how to appreciate your own unique drawing ability. Art Journal Courage: Fearless Mixed Media Techniques for Journaling Bravely
- Dina wakley gives readers the pep talk they need to easily find the courage to start making art after she's dispelled fears of the unknown. As you continue through the eight chapters, using photos of yourself, you will learn additional mixed-media techniques to help you overcome your fears of new materials, creating layers, working without a plan and much more.
Put your worries aside and create fearlessly!you'll find:Eight common journaling fears dispelledTwenty techniques to give you art journal courageDozens of colorful art journal pages to inspire your own art Birds in watercolor, Collage, and Ink.
More information about North Light Books NLB-59508Similar products